The official website of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) can be accessed at www.ecp.gov.pk which provides official result and election data. The Election Commission of Pakistan is an independent, autonomous, permanent and constitutionally established federal body which is responsible for organizing and conducting of elections to state parliament, provisional legislatures, local governments, elections to the office of President of Pakistan, Delimitation of Constituencies and preparation of Electoral Rolls in Pakistan.
Official Website – www.ecp.gov.pk
Click here to Open the official website of ECP
Everything you must know about ECP
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is an independent and autonomous constitutional body responsible for conducting free, fair, and transparent elections in Pakistan. The ECP was established in 1956 and its mandate is to ensure that the electoral process is conducted in accordance with the Constitution of Pakistan and the Representation of the People Act. The ECP has the power to delimit constituencies, prepare and revise electoral rolls, conduct voter education and training programs, register political parties, and oversee the conduct of elections.
The ECP consists of a Chief Election Commissioner and four members, who are appointed by the President of Pakistan with the consultation of the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition. The Chief Election Commissioner and members of the ECP serve for a term of three years and are eligible for reappointment.
Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Functions
The ECP plays a crucial role in ensuring the integrity of the electoral process in Pakistan and is responsible for ensuring that the elections are conducted in a free, fair, and transparent manner. The ECP is also responsible for resolving electoral disputes and hearing appeals against the decisions of Returning Officers.
Here are the main functions the constitution require ECP to fulfil:
- Conducting elections: The Election Commission of Pakistan is responsible for conducting elections to the National Assembly, Provincial Assemblies, and local government institutions in a free, fair, and transparent manner.
- Delimitation of constituencies: The ECP is responsible for delimiting the electoral constituencies in accordance with the principles of equality of vote and fairness.
- Preparation of electoral rolls: The ECP is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and revising the electoral rolls to ensure that all eligible voters are included.
- Registration of political parties: The ECP is responsible for registering political parties and ensuring that they abide by the rules and regulations prescribed by the ECP.
- Voter education and training: The ECP conducts voter education and training programs to promote informed and responsible voting.
- Overseeing the conduct of elections: The ECP is responsible for overseeing the conduct of elections, including the appointment of polling staff, the printing and distribution of ballot papers, and the counting of votes.
- Resolving electoral disputes: The ECP is responsible for resolving electoral disputes and hearing appeals against the decisions of Returning Officers.
- Monitoring of election expenses: The ECP is responsible for monitoring the election expenses of political parties and candidates to ensure that the elections are conducted in a fair and transparent manner.
- Implementation of electoral laws and regulations: The ECP is responsible for implementing the electoral laws and regulations prescribed by the Parliament of Pakistan.
- Maintaining the integrity of the electoral process: The ECP is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the electoral process and ensuring that the elections are conducted in a free, fair, and transparent manner.